Every Youth Frontiers RESPECT RETREAT includes the following dynamic mix of activities, designed to have the greatest possible impact on participants.
For 9th or 10th Grade Students
The Youth Frontiers RESPECT RETREAT inspires students to respect themselves more, to respect others and to stand up for respect in your school. The retreat reminds students that they matter, and that there is a supportive community of educators, mentors and classmates around them. We challenge students with the message that someone acting with character does not make fun of, bully or torment anyone for any reason. We engage the bystanders to stand up for the value of respect in your hallways, lunchlines and classrooms. Participation in the retreat results in cognitive, attitudinal and behavioral shifts that decrease students’ distractions to learning and build a positive school community.
This is our fifth retreat. During the time we’ve used Youth Frontiers, we’ve seen a marked improvement with student respect and development of a positive school culture... YF does a great job of getting kids past the ‘leadership insecurities’ present in all of us, including the school staff that attends!
– Patrick Walsh, Wanamingo Middle/High School, Minn.
Click here to see what other clients have to say about how the RESPECT RETREAT has transformed their students – and how it can impact yours.
Watch the RESPECT RETREAT Video
Watch the RESPECT RETREAT video to get a sneak peak at what the day is all about!
Choose your preferred video player
It's not uncommon for people to access our website from a school computer. Often times they'll find that certain video websites are blocked. Please pick the best video streaming service from the options above. If none of these work you can download the video here.
Key Learning Objectives
- Realize they matter
- Understand that disrespectful behavior is harmful
- Identify ways to respect themselves or others more
What to Expect From the Day
Outline of a RESPECT RETREAT Day
- Formative activities:
- Community-building activities to foster stronger relationships
- Skills-building activities to enhance self-awareness
- Large-group presentations to learn through the power of storytelling:
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Stand Up for Respect
- Small-group discussions, led by high school or adult leaders to solidify concepts around respect and to bond with classmates
- Personal journaling and reflection time to individualize learning so that respect concepts can be applied in students' own lives
- Large-group sharing: Optional opportunity for participants to share how they will commit to standing up for respect at school
Midwest Price**: $2,790
National Price: $3,290
Our prices include travel and lodging expenses for retreat staff. As a nonprofit, our team seeks private community partners to keep our programming affordable for schools.
*Within 100 miles of Twin Cities, Minn.
**Within Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota.
Contact Youth Frontiers to see how the RESPECT RETREAT can help your students
Online: Fill out the Request More Information form.
By Phone: 1.888.992.0222