Every Youth Frontiers Responsibility Retreat includes the following dynamic mix of activities, designed to have the greatest possible impact on participants.
The Responsibility Retreat
For 11th Grade Students
The Youth Frontiers Responsibility Retreat inspires juniors to set the tone for a positive school environment for their senior year. This retreat is designed for students who show leadership abilities, have been selected by school staff as potential leaders and/or have opted in for this motivational experience. Students acknowledge and accept their “ability to respond” and examine how their daily choices impact their classmates, teachers and the greater school community. This half-day program challenges your student leaders to take responsibility to make your school a better place.
YF challenges students to think outside the box and helps students believe they CAN make a difference.
– Jodi Therkelson, Millard North High School, Nebraska.
Watch the Responsibility Retreat Video
Watch the Responsibility Retreat video to get a sneak peak at what the day is all about!
Choose your preferred video player
It's not uncommon for people to access our website from a school computer. Often times they'll find that certain video websites are blocked. Please pick the best video streaming service from the options above. If none of these work you can download the video here.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand responsibility as a person’s “ability to respond”
- Identify one area of your school community that they would like to improve
- Create an action plan to improve your school
What to Expect From the Day
Outline of a Responsibility Retreat Day
- Formative activities:
- Community-building activities to foster stronger relationships
- Skills-building activities to enhance leadership awareness
- Large-group presentation to learn through the power of storytelling:
- Ability to Respond
- Small-group discussions, self-led by high school students to brainstorm problems they see at school and ways they can solve those problems through positive leadership
- Personal journaling and reflection time to determine an action plan and first step to solving a problem they see at school
- Large-group sharing: Optional opportunity for participants to share what problem they are stepping up to solve and how
Midwest Price***: $2,790
National Price: $3,290
Our prices include travel and lodging expenses for retreat staff. As a nonprofit, our team seeks private community partners to keep our programming affordable for schools.
*This retreat is designed for selected students who display leadership abilities and opt in to the experience.
**Within 100 miles of Twin Cities, Minn.
***Within Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota.
Request More Information
Contact Youth Frontiers to see how the Responsibility Retreat can help your students
Online: Fill out the Request More Information form.
By Phone: 1.888.992.0222