You can see it everywhere you look: people are hungry for community. As part of our mission to inspire character, civility and community, Youth Frontiers is working to help satisfy that need. We are sending 600 Season of Character boxes to our supporters as a way of setting the table for meaningful conversation and character-based connection this season. The only missing ingredient? YOU!
We invite you to partner with YF to make this season the Season of Character. Simply follow the dinner party “recipe” below, add your family, friends and neighbors, then enjoy an impactful community-building experience made specially for — and by — you! Then be sure to share your experience with us.
P.S. Don’t have a box but want to participate in the Season of Character? Fill out our short form below, and we’ll deliver a digital Season of Character package right to your email inbox!
Set the table for meaningful conversation and character-based connection this season by hosting a shared meal and shared experience — YF style!
1) Invite your family, friends and neighbors to join you for a special dinner party or plug the Season of Character project into an already-planned gathering that you’re hosting.
2) Prepare the suggested recipes from Pinch of Yum, or choose some of your own favorites.
3) When you settle in for the meal, take out the activity instructions and walk through each of the three steps (Activity, Questions, Character Challenge) as a group. Observe how your connection to your guests — and ultimately to your community — deepens.
4) Post about your experience on social media with the hashtag #seasonofcharacter or leave a voicemail message for our YF Storyline at 952.697.1870. Social media and YF Storyline submissions will enter a drawing to win two tickets to our 35th Anniversary Celebration!
What should my guests and I talk about during the Activity?
Here are a few ideas to get the conversation rolling:
– If you were to play a particular piece of music to cheer you up, what would you play?
– If you had to name the most interesting building you have ever entered, which would you choose?
– What is your favorite place in the world? Why?
– If you could invite one world leader to dinner tonight, who would it be?
– If you could give a person you know a prize for goodness, who would receive it?
– What is the happiest change you’ve made in your life?
– If you had to name the one experience that strengthened your character the most so far, what would it be?
– If you had to name your biggest contribution to helping humankind, what would you say?
– If you could determine one new law to be passed that would address a moral issue, what would it be?
– If you were to name the person you know with the healthiest philosophy about life, who would it be?
How long does the Season of Character last?
The project will “officially” run through December 2022, but we invite you to keep the spirit of the season — practicing presence, curiosity and respect — all through the new year.
Who can I contact if I have questions about the project?
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something out of the box, or in it ... for my teens!
I love encouraging things related to kindness, courage and character!!
My dream this year is to build my house into a spot for people to come and build a community. I want them to come together, feel welcomed, fed, and loved. And this fits right in!!
Re-building communities, especially among youth populations, has never felt more important after Covid.
Completing it with my family!
An opportunity to *slow down*, pause, reflect and create awareness about how we are all treating each other and to discuss how we can all make improvements.
I love creating community with others. I think since the pandemic people are so isolated; myself included. I am an Elementary School Counselor and also a coach for adults seeking better emotional and mental health. I could see this being a wonderful tool to create deeper connections with others.
Thank you for your interest in fostering character and community! Please fill out the form below, and we will email you a digital Season of Character box shortly. (If you don’t see the email come through within 24 hours, please check your spam and promotions folders. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.)
For 35 years, Youth Frontiers has been inviting young people to make a difference — to treat each other with more kindness and respect, to act with courage, to connect. The need for our mission has only grown. At this pivotal time for our organization and for our community, with more programs for more audiences than ever before, YF is doubling-down on inviting our supporters — inviting you — to make to make a difference, too. Your gift will help us impact 60,000 people — youth, educators, parents, leaders — with our powerful experiences this year. Together, we can inspire community and create a movement for character.