45% Donor Support
55% School Share
We want every school — private, public, charter or parochial — to be able to afford Youth Frontiers retreats. Schools pay 55 percent of the retreat cost while the philanthropic support of individuals, foundations and corporations covers the remaining 45 percent. This model keeps retreat costs affordable for schools while keeping schools vested. It also allows communities to participate financially in the character development of the next generation. To visit a retreat and see our mission in motion, please contact us at 952.922.0222 today.
Here’s what your support can do:
covers the travel costs to two retreats.
allows 30 students to attend a retreat.
allows 35 educators to attend a half-day workshop designed to build a cohesive and supportive community.
subsidizes the philanthropic share of two retreats, keeping our programs affordable for all of our schools.
helps YF develop new and innovative ways to sustain the impact of our retreats through evaluation, follow-up materials and social media.
If we hope to instill in our children and grandchildren a deep and abiding commitment to living good lives of integrity, we’re going to have to work together to ensure these values are still taught and still expected.
After observing and hearing about the positive impact of Youth Frontiers from educators and students, it is my strong belief that every child in Omaha ought to be going through a Youth Frontiers retreat.
I am passionate about Youth Frontiers for many reasons. I believe that their work has the power to profoundly and positively impact how kids feel about themselves. Having attended several retreats over the last few years, I’ve watched kids start to connect on an intimate level and take a step toward viewing the world through the eyes of others. It changes everything!
Seeing kids stand up for themselves, maybe for the first time in their lives, amidst the heartfelt embrace of their classmates, is one of the most deeply moving things I have ever experienced. The work that Youth Frontiers Retreat Facilitators do every day is changing the lives of kids in the most fundamental and precious way — by connecting them to each other and helping them to experience their own infinite capacity for kindness and empathy.
Nominate a high school junior or senior for the 2024 Minnesota Character Award for a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship!